Friday, November 8, 2013

// // Leave a Comment

The Power of Affirmations

Affirmations are positive statements we make and repeat to impress in our subconscious minds in order to affect a change. It is repeated in order to trigger the subconscious towards positive action. For affirmations to work they have to be repeated frequently. A practical example of affirmations and how they work is ... let's say you were in a race and you had to run 15 yards. Well by the 5th yard you start to feel tired but you keep saying to yourself, "I can do this, I am going to finish" and you do! That is an example of how your mind propels you on to the end of the race.



What happens is that most of the time we repeat negative affirmations all the time. We say "I can't do that; that's impossible". As a result we have negativity and undesirable results in our lives. This is the power of the word. It can build or it can destroy. It's up to us how we use them. If we use them in a negative way or for negative intent that's just what it brings us. Many times we may repeat negative statements without even being conscious of it. If you tell yourself you can't do something over and over again you will fail. You are programming yourself to do so. The subconscious accepts anything we say negative or positive as truth. So if you understand this, then why not stay positive?

Affirmations function in the mind very much like programming a computer does. They work the same way creative visualization does. By repetition of a word or phase, you are focusing your aim, creating mental images that correspond in the conscious mind to the words or phrases. This in turn affects the unconscious mind. We "think" with our conscious mind first and then the subconscious takes over. By consciously using affirmations you are re-programming your subconscious. This is the key to re-shaping your external life and conditions for the better.

Sometimes we see results quickly, sometimes we don't. It depends on your goal. Some things, with quick re-programming, we can see immediately, some take time. Also keep in mind if you are positive only when you say the affirmations and then go back negative mindsets when you are neutralizing your affirmations. You have to think positive to have positive results.

When you do affirmations it's important to say short phrases instead of long ones. In this way it is easier to remember. Repeat the phrases at any time; when you are on the bus, walking anywhere. Do not use them when you are driving or crossing the street. You have to use safety sense. It is suggested to repeat them for 5 to 10 minute sessions; several times a day. You must be in a physically and emotionally relaxed state; tension-free.



When you say the statements say them with conviction. Use only positive wording to describe what you want. For example if you want to loose weight don't say "I am Fat", say "I am getting slimmer" or "I am reaching my ideal weight". The second affirmations invoke positive images. Also affirm in the present tense not the future. For example if you say "I will be rich one day", that means you are not going to attain it in the immediate now. In cases like this, it is more effective to say "I am rich now". By stating what you want to be true in your life now the subconscious will work to make it happen in the conscious.

Here are some sample of positive affirmations:

* I am happy and healthy

* Wealth is pouring into my life

* I am sailing on the river of wealth (can use river of anything you want)

* I get wealthier everyday

* My body is healthy and functioning in a very good way

* I have a lot of energy

* I study and comprehend fast

* My mind is calm

* I am calm and relaxed in every situation

* My thoughts are under my control

* I radiate love and happiness

* I am surrounded by love

* I have the perfect job for me

* I am living in the house of my dreams

* I have good and loving relationships with my husband/wife (boyfriend or girlfriend)

* I have a wonderful and satisfying job

* I have the means to travel abroad whenever I want to

* I am successful in whatever I do

* Everything is getting better everyday




credits: The Power of Positive Thinking

0 (mga) komento:

Post a Comment